Saturday, April 24, 2010

Can men lactate ie produce milk from their nipples?

I'm seen guys at the gym with...ummm...something like breast tissue, can guys breast feed?



Can men lactate ie produce milk from their nipples?microsoft sql server





Strangely enough, I've read that they can, but I don't know how, when or why, or if the milk is nutritious for babies, or if it's all guys or just some guys.



Strictly speaking, it's not nipples that produce milk, they're only the delivery system. Milk comes from mammary glands underneath, which supposedly men don't have, or not enough of to produce milk, so how the stories I've read work, I have no idea. The wikipedia entry below doesn't site relevant references, although it does address the topic.



Can men lactate ie produce milk from their nipples?windows themes internet explorer



Breasts and nipples are vestigal traits in the male gender, so no, they don't lactate and cannot breast feed. Sorry to disappoint you.
If they shoot estrogen maybe :)
HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. -coughs-



I hope not. I don't think so, why should they?
Yes, they do. They also get their period and get pregnant too. Where have you been??!!
Yes they can if their hormone levels are increased with estrogen. There is even a thing I read back in the day that if a man can stimulate his nipples 10-15 Min's a day and massage his breast he can began producing milk. But not close enough as woman can.



Plus men also have periods. But thats a different story.

2 comments:

  1. Any male can lactate, increased prolactin will cause a male to lactate. Its called gynecomastia, men have mammary glands, which can cause you do lactate. Look up pituitary adenoma

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a male who has gained like 30 lbs over the past 3 yrs. i started playing with my nipples about 5 months ago and now produce milk. its not much...i play with my nipples and small amounts of milk drip out during - the first time it happened i didnt believe it so i put a mirror under my breasts and foundled them - and there is was - visible.

    ReplyDelete

 
hosting services