Sunday, November 29, 2009

How do I get IE to locate a wireless network and connect?

We recently set up a wireless network and I am having problems with programs recognizing the connection. Down in the right hand corner, it cleary states that I'm connected, but I don't know how to get all of my other programs to connect to that wirless network. I don't know if it's my Nortan Firewall, the configuration of my access point on my laptop, or what. My brother has a laptop and he can get connected to the network and have everything work. I also have a dial-up connection with people pc, if that has any effect on it.



How do I get IE to locate a wireless network and connect?opera browser





If some accesses and other does not, it is a firewall problem. You need to take the time to set permissions for everything you want to use the network and internet.



How do I get IE to locate a wireless network and connect?microsoft windows internet explorer



you will need a wireless client. windows xp and vista have built-in wireless clients, and your computers wireless card should have come with a cd where you can install it's own wireless client from.



with the information you have provided, my take is it's the firewall. if your brother can connect to and surf the internet with the same wireless network that you're having trouble with, then the issue is local to your computer. try disabling the firewall, or ask your brother what wireless client he's using and try installing that on your pc.



hope this helps.
In IE, go to: tools, options, connections, LAN settings and make sure that automatically detect settings is checked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services