Friday, November 27, 2009

Why do I get IE script error notices on some pages and what can I do about it?

The notices always ask if I want to keep running script on the page involved. Regardless of whether I answer "yes" or "no" or just close the notification box, the box keeps coming back and interrupting. How can I fix this?



Why do I get IE script error notices on some pages and what can I do about it?ie 7





The problem is either with the scripts themselves (over which you have no control) or Internet Explorer.



The first step is to make sure you have the latest version of IE. Even better, switch to almost any other browser - I use and recommend firefox, but there are plenty of good free browsers out there and IE isn't one of them.



If you update your browser and still get the errors, the problem is almost certainly with the scripts themselves. You may be able to change your browser's settings so it no longer asks you what to do every time it encounters a broken script - failing that, your only options are going elsewhere or asking the website owners to fix their scripts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
hosting services